Tender Mercy for a Mother Missionary

Sister Kinikini 2014 at her house in front of the Nuku'alofa Tonga Temple.
I checked Facebook and my mom posted the following:

I wake up at 6:00 and walk around Liahona (Liahona High School campus next to the Temple, it has wi-fi). I see the time, I know he is singing... it make my day. I cry...

She was unable to see the broadcast due to problems with connection, etc. A few days later she wrote the following message to us:

The Lord bless me so much. I have food my van and everything I need for my mission but last week I feel so lonely. I don't know why. Last night I was lying on the sofa. I turned on the tv. I fell asleep (but) I wake up (because) I heard singing. I looked at the time. It is 12:00 o'clock over here. I see the tv it was the Tabernacle Choir and right then I see Siope. I jumped up. What a tender mercy that The Lord give me. Yes I miss my family, I do know that God lives. And he knows us individually... I love you guys.

I later talked to her about this experience and she told me how she felt the Lord helped her to overcome her feelings of loneliness and sadness by giving her this opportunity to see me singing in the choir. She referred to the quote from President Monson at my father's funeral, "What would he say to you through me... I think President Kinikini would have you receive these words. 'I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth and light.' Walk in truth, for that is the roadway which leads to Celestial Glory..."

The Lord loves us. He is mindful of us and gives us the support we need when we need it. I'm grateful she could see this even on the remote island of Tonga more than a half a world away.

Popular Posts