My First Music and the Spoken Word



Before the Easter recording those from the Choral school who were able to participate in the Easter recording were invited to sing in the Music and the Spoken Word broadcast that Sunday. What a treat.

I'm not sure if you can tell but because of my height I sat in the second to the last row. Everyone is seated according to height. They also put the majority of the Choir School members in the back. I stand roughly 6 feet and some days I'm 6'1... on very good days. So, I'll probably be in the back most of the time. 

The gentleman next to me on my right has a beautiful voice. I could stand there and just listen to him sing. In fact, everyone around me has a beautiful voice. What is amazing to see is just how everyone works together to blend. Such a privilege to sing with them all. 

Something you may not know is that the sound in the loft is very different than the sounds the audience is hearing. Many times I felt as though I was singing with just a pocket of sound of basses and baritones. It is more difficult to hear the sisters singing. I could not hear the people below me either. So the need to follow and look and follow the conductor is really important.

We sang many of the songs for the Easter CD including Worthy is the Lamb from Messiah. 

Ileina, Liana and Vika were able to come downtown to watch. It was nice to see them in the audience. Part of me wanted to wave at them but we were instructed to avoid those types of displays which is understandable. Can you imagine if we all waved at our families? Yes, not very professional or appropriate. 

It is not lost on me that this was recorded on February 9th and that my mom's birthday is February 11th. Happy Birthday! Even though she is a world away.

==========================

(Update) The broadcast is now available on Youtube. You don't get to see me but it really isn't about being seen, it's about being able to sing.  Enjoy the broadcast. It was an amazing experience.


Popular Posts