Let Peace Then Still the Strife

Mack Wilberg with lyrics by David Warner wrote our finale piece, Let Peace Then Still the Strife.

The marriage of lyrics and melody are perhaps the most haunting and beautiful I have ever heard.

I fell in love with the song the first time I heard it in Chorale. I took the music home and memorized it. I listened to it often for a few weeks.

My love for genealogy has strongly connected me to my ancestors and to history. My love for my ancestors is just as strong as my love for my family who are living in my own time. This music hopes for a connection between all generations.

While singing it in the Tabernacle I felt the Tongan saints, my ancestors and the pioneers of the past joined together in that sacred space. There is something very special and unique about the Tabernacle.

I've included it here for you to listen to the words.


The soloist in this video is my friend, Rich Adams. Great guy. Beautiful voice. We were in choir school together. We started choir at the same time.

This is during one of my very first broadcasts.

Popular Posts