The Grind


So, two days ago I completed my half-year mark with the choir. I started in January of this year and now it is July. The time has flown by.

During choir school one of our instructors counseled us about the routine of being in the choir and I'm starting to understand more fully what she was talking about.

There are some things you do repetitively, such as rehearsal, performance, rehearsal, performance, etc. For the past two months I have been an active part of that routine and it is something that never changes.

For me, this is complete bliss.

I enjoy and love the structure and the schedule. I also enjoy the fact that other people are in charge of what is going on and I just have to follow their instructions. Let me explain why.

I enjoy making decisions about things and running the show but I do this in my job and with my family (with the equal portion of this going to my dear wife of course). My job is demanding in that I supervise people and I am in charge of running the show. It can become very challenging.

I like belonging to something where I don't have to make the decisions. I like just joining in and enjoying my time doing something I love.

Anyway, I plan to do things to keep the routine fresh as well as I don't want to just keep doing things over and over again.

Surprisingly even though there are some things that are routine the reality is there is always something else going on. We had Messiah recordings earlier this year, we have a Pioneer Day Concert next week and in two weeks from that is a Deer Valley Concert. In September we have an additional concert in Richfield, Utah. We will be recording for Messiah mid September and then we have General Conference again in October.

Seriously, there is something going on all the time:)

I love the grind and I love being a part of this whole experience.


Popular Posts