Farewell 2017 - Welcome 2018



Thanks 2017!

This has been a great year.

A special thanks to Ryan Pitt, my choir brother, for his input and help with the information and feedback on things to include. Couldn't have done it without him.

Last year I created an infographic like this for 2016 and it had personal information. I was asked for a copy and if I had one that had mostly choir events, so this year I decided to just include choir events. I have over 90% attendance so I participated in almost everything on this list.

The reason I chose an LP Album for this year is because we released three CD's and had two weeks of recording sessions. I also chose it because this past year I actually gave Mack Wilberg some LP Albums of the Singing Mothers only to find out he doesn't have a record player. Ooops. My bad. I should have taken them back from him but I still let him take it. Totally my bad. Eek. So, yes, I will remember this year as the year of LP records. Haha.

We recorded and released a lot of music this year so I thought this was a good fit.

What this does not show, however, is the amount of time we spend in choir. It does not include how much preparation time goes on in memorizing music at home. It does not include travel time. It does not include a lot of things that go into being a choir member. Yet, it still provides a lot of information on this past year.

A friend asked me about joining the choir. He is very concerned with the audition process. While the audition is stressful, it is the "grind" that is most difficult. CHOIR TAKES TIME. Time that could be used in other places and for other things. Sacrifices are made by spouses, children and families. In talking to him, this is what I stress the most about the realities of being in the choir. So, yes, prepare for the tests and the audition, but understand that the time commitment involved before auditioning.

You can tell choir members who have been in for a long time because before planning a vacation or trip, they always consult the choir calendar. It's just part of how we think.

I'm grateful I can participate in this organization for this time in my life. I feel really blessed.

I'm looking forward to 2018! It should be a great year.

Popular Posts