Do I look like a dummy?

As a new member of the choir I'm adjusting to a new schedule as well as learning the behind the scenes things that help everything run smoothly.  It's an amazing organization and I'm glad to be a small part of it.

Every Sunday morning I get up early for Music and the Spoken Word. When I arrive at the Tabernacle I usually go and change into the performance clothing. Luckily, to help everyone know what to wear there is a sign detailing what we are to wear that day and a mannequin dressed in the attire. For me, this is very helpful. Although there are some suits that are so close in color it is hard to know which one is which. So my goal is in reality to look like "the" dummy. hahaha.
This is my friend... I'll name him Manny. He helps me know what to wear. Thanks Manny!

One of the other choir members gave me a suggestion to look on the inside of the suit jacket for the label just to be sure. It makes it easier. As a new choir member I'm learning new things all the time.

So, along with the sound how we all look is important which makes complete sense since Music and the Spoken Word is broadcast on television and the internet. When you look at this picture from a recording session of Messiah (all pictures are taken from the Choir Facebook site which is public, thanks Facebook)


And in performance attire you can see a huge difference. The music is the focus and anything that distracts from that is addressed. Of course, this is common practice with any choir really and any team. I mean, what team doesn't have a uniform?

Although the wardrobe for the choir in the past included this fine diddy that I still have yet to see although I'd be the first to wear it. I can't deny myself wearing a cape. I mean really, how cool is that?
 
All in all it is wonderful to be a part of a team like this. Don't we all look awesome? Yes. Yes we do.

Popular Posts