Deer Valley with the Utah Symphony


Deer Valley Music Festival
This week we performed with the Utah Symphony at Deer Valley. Deer Valley is a ski resort by Park City. Was it this beautiful? I don't know, I was inside that tent thing at the bottom of the hill.

I've been to Deer Valley before but for work when I worked as a lost luggage delivery person. I loved that job and the people I delivered to in Deer Valley were always gracious and would often give me a large tip for reuniting them with their lost luggage. Now I have a new memory with Deer Valley.

We had a few rehearsals for the music for Deer Valley. This past week we had a rehearsal after last weeks Music and the Spoken Word. We had another one on Tuesday and then traveled to Deer Valley on Thursday to practice with the symphony. The concert was held on Friday.

When we arrived on Thursday people were there already to watch the rehearsal. Some of them had coolers. Some kids were throwing a football. People were relaxed on lawn chairs and blankets. To me it seemed like a wealthy persons version of a drive-in movie. Not that rich people don't go to drive-in's but it was reminiscent of what I remember drive-in's to be. haha. This is what it looked like from my seat in the tent.


Wonderful seat.

The rehearsal was great although we got home late. Arrived at the Tabernacle at 11:30 pm and I arrived home at 12:15 am. Yes. it is busy and hours can be unpredictable but I drove home thinking about how blessed I am to be having this experience.

On the day of the performance we arrived at the conference center and dressed. I finally got to wear the cream colored jacket. I felt like James Bond only without the danger element.
Someone coming off the elevator asked me if we were in a wedding line or something. Hahaha. 
We left the Conference Center early and arrived with some time to spare. The did provide us dinner which was very nice. Here are some pics.

Some of the men in our group. This is our first year in the choir. There are more men and unfortunately not everyone could make it to Deer Valley but we should (most of us) make it to Richfield in September and I'll take an updated photo.
Dennis and I ride to MSW together. We both live in Daybreak and started the choir at the same time.
I had to take a panoramic shot during intermission. The guy with glasses is Bret and we have been sitting next to each other while in the Conference Center. Great voice and I'm glad to get to know him.
The concert was great and with soloist Dallin Bayles it made it even more excellent. He has a voice like butter. I could listen to him all day.

The drive home was congested but I sat by a choir member I had never meet and it made the trip quick. Great conversation with him and now I count him as a new and true friend.


Before I end I wanted to share the lyrics to a song.

One of the songs we sang was arranged by Ryan Murphy and the more we practiced it and the more we sang it the more it stuck in my head. It's called One Person. The premise of the song is that one person can change the world. I found this picture online and had to make one. Just fun.

#lyricsthatmakemegohymn

Thanks Deer Valley! See you again in 2 years!

I have one day to recoup and be back for Music and the Spoken Word on Sunday morning. Things really move fast around here.

LEARN MORE ABOUT DEER VALLEY HERE!


Popular Posts