Virtual Choir - Hallelujah Chorus

Men section during filming of the virtual choir at the Tabernacle.
There is a saying that goes, "No rest for the wicked." If this is true, I must be extra wicked. Lol.

The morning after the week long marathon of working with the Utah Symphony we started with Music and the Spoken Word and moved directly into filming for the virtual choir. If you haven't heard the virtual choir is an opportunity for people around the world to sing Handel's Hallelujah chorus with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir by submitting their own video clips. Here's the information. People had until March 1st to submit their videos.



Filming for this video was intense. I am now used to cameras and lights because of the broadcast, however, this filming session was bigger than anything I had every participated with during my time in the choir. There were two large boom cameras, dollies, huge lights all around the Tabernacle and a small army of people.

Filming started at 10:00 am. A few of us were asked to remain after some principal photography to continue with filming. Filming for us ended at around 4:00 pm. It was a long but rewarding day.
Some of the men who remained for filming later on during the day.
I was able to meet Peter Hollens which was amazing for me since I've been following him for years. It was great to meet him. He was so down-to-earth and friendly. The person you see on his videos on youtube is the person he is in real-life. I sent this picture to Ileina while I was at the filming and she was so excited. Seriously, we are huge fans.

Me and the amazing Peter Hollens.
I was also able to meet a lot of the volunteers who joined us in the lot. People from all over the world and from different walks of life. It was a great experience.

Even though it was a long week and a long day, I returned home counting my blessings. This was a another great day and memory because of choir. This experience is amazing and I'm so grateful for everything that I have been able to do.

Even though it seems like things should slow down, the choir is now preparing for two Messiah concerts in a few weeks for Easter. A week after that will be General Conference and we will then prepare for the 20 day European Tour. I keep saying it's busy and it really is busy... which is good because it keeps me  out of trouble. Maybe I'm not so wicked after all. lol.

Popular Posts