Hallelujah Virtual Choir Released


Today the Virtual Choir singing the Handel's Hallelujah chorus was released. It was a project I was privileged to participate in and the final result is amazing. Watch it here.


I was blessed to share my experience also on the Mormon Tabernacle blog.

In watching this video for the first time (we saw it during our Thursday rehearsal before the official release), I was touched, almost to tears. Seeing people from all around the world singing about Christ was an amazing feeling. I felt connected to everyone.

This has been an amazing experience and I can't help but think of how grateful I am that I am a part of this experience. I feel like I am enjoying a "Golden Era" of choir membership. I'm sure history will look back at this time in the choir and see what a wonderful time it is. I'm soaking it all in.
The week right before filming was extremely busy because of the Tanner Gift of Music. The week before filming this particular video was a week long marathon of rehearsals, concerts and recordings with the Utah Symphony. We finished a concert and a recording session of Mahler's 8th Symphony. The choir arrived early the next morning for Music and the Spoken Word broadcast and then we began filming for this project.

Filming lasted most of the day. We started at 10:00 (after the broadcast) and we finished around 4:00 pm. We had a brief lunch as well.

This was a project of the Missionary Department and the person who had the idea to do this shared his thoughts on the project. It was amazing to hear his thoughts and his desire to share the message of hope and love of Christ with the world through this project.

What I found amazing is that the choir has their own projects but the choir also actively participates with so many other entities. For example, the Tanner Gift of Music was established by Obert Tanner and Gordon B. Hinckley as a gift to the community. This project was for the Missionary Department.

The work continues, though. We are actively preparing for the Messiah Concerts for Easter. The entire Messiah will be performed for two nights. It's going to be amazing.

After the Messiah concerts, we will be preparing (one week) for General Conference. It is a really busy time in the choir and I'm so grateful to participate in everything that is going on.






Popular Posts