I always feel like, the choir's watching me...LOL

After a long week of choir rehearsals, performances on Saturday in Logan, Utah and then the Broadcast on Sunday morning, I was tired. I thought I would take a break from all things choir and just relax before we started up again for General Conference in two weeks.

I just needed to take a breather from all things choir. I decided to watch television.

That turned out to be a hilarious mistake.

I was watching a documentary called Big Voice. It's about a music teacher in California. As I was watching they were handing out music and lo and behold, I recognize one of Mack Wilberg's pieces. In fact, later in the documentary, it shows him directing his students with this song.

From the documentary Big Voice on Netflix. The center music pile here is Mack Wilberg's "My Shepherd Will Supply My Need." You also get to see him rehearse it with his students later in the docementary.

So, I thought, that's ok. I'll watch something else, maybe a murder mystery. I tuned into "Elementary" a television show about Sherlock Holmes in the United States and lo and behold, who should show up on the screen? None other than our Christmas guest from last year's concert, Sutton Foster. Not only was she on the episode, but she was (Spoiler alert) also the murderer in this episode. Egads. She sure is awesome in this episode though.

Sutton Foster is amazing. Here she is in the hit tv show, Elementary as a guest star. I don't care what the script says, she's not a killer. She's too nice to be a killer.

So then I decided to listen to music to go to sleep. I turned my Apple Music to radio and calm, relaxing music. The second song to play was Bing Crosby's "Count Your Blessings" from White Christmas If you are wondering, the choir sings a version of this song too.



I resigned myself to the fact that choir will manifest itself in a lot of different areas in my life and while I'm a part of it, I should enjoy it.

Popular Posts