Bring on the New Year


The New Year is upon us. The new year will be a busy one. We sang a song called New Year by John Rutter during the final broadcast of 2014. It was beautiful. I love his music. John Rutter is a true master of music.

Christmas and New Years of 2014 landed on Thursday so we are not scheduled for rehearsals those evenings. Other than Thanksgiving it is the only time this year we have not had rehearsal on Thursday. During our Sunday rehearsal Brother Wilberg advised us to enjoy our time with our family. I intend to do that especially since things will become very busy in January.

Since it is my second year in the choir I am required to participate in Chorale as well as regular choir rehearsals and Music and the Spoken Word. Chorale will begin in January and run until April. That means I will have pretty much the same schedule as I did when I first started the choir last year.

In reflection of this past year I am SO grateful for the blessing of being a member of the choir. I have missed only one rehearsal the entire year. It was for my family reunion in Manti. Even then choir music was being played over the loud speakers at the Pageant. I knew I had to be there in Manti but I missed being at practice too. I have not missed since largely because I enjoy it so much.

After the Christmas concert week we decided to take a family holiday. We needed some family time and to enjoy the down time from choir. What happened next surprised me.



The choir is everywhere. It was nice though. There were other songs from choir Christmas albums they played throughout the production. It was nice.

This next year will be filled with many, many new surprises and I am so excited to be a part of it.







Popular Posts