And it begins...



Extra rehearsals began last Sunday. The "Roller-Coaster" that is choir life has started up again. We took a short break after the Pioneer Day Concert and now we are back at it. I have to brace myself. It's going to be a interesting ride.

We are in the process of preparing for a lot of difference events coming up in the next 9 months.

Here is what we currently have scheduled in addition to the weekly broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word:

  1. October General Conference
  2. World Congress of Families Concert
  3. Christmas Concert
  4. Tanner Gift of Music
  5. April General Conference
  6. Handel's Messiah Album Release
  7. Central European Tour

Not to mention the new Choir School Group and the Choral Spring Concert for those doing those things too. I'm not required to do those but you never know.

Let's be honest, it appears impossible to prepare for all of these things in the limited amount of rehearsals we have. There are also weeks where we will skip rehearsal because of holidays. This year Christmas Eve and New Years Eve both land on a Thursday so we will not meet those evenings. A lot is happening and I'm excited.

To help me I started bringing my music home to study. Right now I have the Mahler: Symphony 8 with me. When I joined the choir, I would often take music home to review. Almost two years into the choir I am still doing it. Why? Because there is always new music to learn and things to review. Things have not slowed down. In fact, things seem to be consistently busy.

I've said it earlier and I guess I'll say it again. The schedule of the choir is demanding. Being involved requires a time commitment. Is it worth it? Yes, it is. Of course I know that anything of excellence requires sacrifice and time. It's a small price to pay to be a part of something so wonderful.

I'm excited for what is coming up. I guess I better buckle up and get ready. We are on our way.

Popular Posts