Richfield, Utah Concert, Organ Training and MSW

So we traveled to Richfield, Utah to perform for their sesquicentennial celebration. It was about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive southeast in central Utah. It was my first time to Richfield and I found the town quite charming.

While we were in Richfield I noticed a girl that looked polynesian. I asked her name and who her parents were and I found out her mom is Lupe Angilau. The Angilau's were our best friends growing up. We lived in the same neighborhood and being the only Tongan families in our area we shared a lot with them. Seeing her made me so happy. It was such a random place to meet her and her family but I count it as a blessing.

Their mother passed away a few years ago. She was such a sweet lady. Her father is in Tonga and when my mom saw this picture of me and Lupe she shared posted a message to Lupe.




  • Tangiteina Paletu'a Kinikini Hi lupe I always see you dad coming to the temple at the 5 o clock session the workers told me he always sit and cry in the celestial room and it make them cry too, but I always talk to him and make him laugh,, he said that pita is telling sia look at him crying, tuku pe tangi ke osi hono loi mata ..he have put up a fance at his house and it's beautiful. He is looking good and doing good
    11 hours ago · Unlike · 1
  • Lupe Faulao Love you sooo much Teina, and thanks for looking out for that old man, malo sii ngaue faivelenga oku ke fai i hono tokoni ke langa hake a puleanga ae Eiki, (English Translation: grateful for your continual hard work in helping to build the kingdom of God) it was so nice seeing your son Siope Lee Kinikini this past weekend, he looks so much like his dad 
    6 hours ago · Unlike · 1

I thought it was so interesting. I run into Lupe in Richfield, Utah. My mom runs into her father in Tonga, South Pacific. My dad (I'm sure) runs into her mom on the other side of the veil. Coincidence? No. Patterns of connection and eternal friendships. Everything happens for a reason. (Thanks Mac Wilberg for saying this so often. It's absolutely true.)

Lupe was there helping her husbands friend who has a company that catered for the choir. Before I left the eating area I went back and gave her a big hug and thanked her for everything. So wonderful.

The concert was great fun and Richfield is a wonderful town with such a wonderful spirit. The people there were so very kind. I met a guy named Steve who asked me for the time when I was in the foyer. Once I gave him the time he asked if I was in the choir. I said, "yes" and he was so nice. We talked briefly but I shook his hand and thanked him for being so friendly. I also introduced myself to some senior missionaries from Cove Fort. I love seeing Sr. Missionaries. Reminds me of my mom. I hope the people around her are kind and encouraging so I try to be.

While driving back I sat by Ryan Bateman. I've gotten to know him during our trip to Deer Valley. He's amazing really and we were instant friends. Not sure why but sometimes you just click with some one. We clicked when we first met. Such a great person. He told me about a training for organists at the University of the Utah the next day.

Well, we returned from Richfield and I arrived home at around midnight. The next day is my family temple morning.

I woke up tired but every first Saturday of the month is our Family Temple Day and I have never missed so I wanted to go. We do sealings. I got there on time and it was great to be in the Temple.

After the sealing I felt like I should go to the training. I'm so glad I did. There were other choir members there as well. It was wonderful and I learned so much. I can't wait to practice what I've learned on the organ. I really have to thank my new friend Ryan for inviting me. I posted this picture on Instagram after the workshops.
Fast-forward to Sunday morning.

The alarm went off. I was having a hard time getting up. A voice in my head said, "You have only missed one rehearsal since you've been in the choir. You can take this morning off and just sleep in." I checked my phone and noticed a message on Facebook. I clicked it open, being only partially awake and I read this message posted by my mom.


Tangiteina Paletu'a Kinikini

7 hrs
Just finish watching the tabernacle choir singing. How it lifts my spirit and makes me so grateful and happy here in far away Tonga. I am so grateful my son is one of them. thanks be to God....
Unlike


After reading this message another voice said in my head, "What's wrong with you? Nothing. Get up and go." So I did. Timely message from my missionary mother who was in tune enough to send me a literal wake-up call. As I was driving to Dennis' house (we carpool) I pulled over at the top of the hill (across from the Oquirrh Mountain Temple) and took this picture. It was such a beautiful morning.
Music and the Spoken Word today was fantastic. I am so glad I went. I felt the Spirit there so strongly and I realized that I need to remember how grateful I am for this blessing in my life.
Onward and upward. We will record the last chorus for the Messiah release the Thursday. I'm so excited.


Popular Posts