Christmas on Sesame Street!



What do you get when America's Choir is visited by the residents of America's most famous street during Christmas?

You get the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Sesame Street muppets performing together for the Motab's annual Christmas Concert.

We are also going to be blessed to have Santino Fontana return. He performed with us during the Pioneer Day Concert and he was AMAZING. I'm so happy he is able to come back because not only is he a great singer, he is just a great performer. Warm, friendly and able to engage the audience in a great way.

Of course everyone found out about this before I did. It was posted all over social media. I was notified by my good friend Dave Nicoll who asked me how to get tickets because his kids would love to attend.

Who wouldn't love to attend? I grew up with these lovable characters. They are a part of my childhood. They are a part of everyone's childhood.

My favorite muppet? Cookie Monster. I just loved him. He always made me laugh.

There is a certain brilliance in what Sesame Street does. It teaches, using puppets, humor and popular culture to entertain children and families. Watch this recent clip from Sesame Street that I found where Cookie Monster learns an important lesson.


Even though I "outgrew" Sesame Street I rediscovered it when Ileina was born. Ileina fell in love with Elmo and there were a few weeks when the movie, "Elmo in Grouchland" was on instant replay in our house. The fun music, the teaching moments were fantastic. Ileina loved this song from that movie.


Recently Sesame Street celebrated their 45th anniversary. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir celebrated it's 85th year of weekly broadcasts. Both organizations have been around for a very, very long time and it's about time they performed together. Especially to celebrate the Christmas season.

It's like cookies and milk. I'm sure Cookie Monster would approve.  

For ticket information visit the website: 

GET TICKETS HERE!

LEARN MORE ABOUT SESAME STREET HERE!

Popular Posts