Creme Brulee and Golden Girls


Before our concert at Disney Hall, I went to lunch at Tony Bahamas mainly so I could eat this pineapple creme brulee. Yes, I'm a foodie. My choir brother, Mark Williams, told me about this and I wanted to try it for myself. So, I took a Lyft with two other choir friends, Karen Penman and Kristin Gerdy.  

On our way into the restaurant we ran into Mark and Preston (Tenney) were there getting a few to go boxes of this amazingness.

During lunch, we talked about politics. Although we have some very diverse political views as a choir group (yes, we don't all think the same) we are able to communicate well as choir members because we have mutual respect for the diverse views we all share. It was a great lunch and we all ordered this dessert.

There was a table close to us with some older women and I noticed just how they were all enjoying each other's company and their lunch. I made a comment to my choir friends about how, when I became older, I wanted to be a "Golden Girl" too and have friends like this.

I was surprised that one of the ladies came over and asked us about our desserts and we chatted for a bit. I learned that they were a group of friends that try out a new restaurant every month and this was their monthly lunch. How cute. When we left the restaurant they called us over and told us they ordered some so they could try it. We talked more about our visit, being in the choir and they seemed very amused and pleased. Such a great group of ladies.

I learned two things during this lunch: first, I love pineapple creme brulee and second, I really do want to be a Golden Girl. 

Getting a pick with my Golden Girls at Tony Bahamas. So fun to make connections with people.

My lunch. Yes, eating well so I can grow old well and actually become a Golden Girl.

Popular Posts