Tour - Mountain View, Shoreline Theater (performance)

Me and Tim Seelig, the choral director of the San Francisco Gay Mens Chorus. He was the guest conductor for this concert. It was a great opportunity to mingle, meet and talk with him and others of the SFGMC. He was a great conductor who knew what he was doing. Such a highlight of this tour.
 The church wrote about this concert (and all the other concerts) but I wanted to include a link to that blog post here.

There was excitement in the air about our guest conductor for this concert. It was Dr. Tim Seelig, the conductor of the San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus. Members of the Gay Men's Chorus also joined us for the sound check and a general fraternity between them and us during the rehearsal.

The church and the gay community has had a difficult relationship for a long time. Although this was a concert, it was a small step in reaching out. Every step is a step forward.

I can't answer for anyone else but I can tell you how I felt during this sound check. I felt love. I felt love for everyone there. For the choir and for our guests. I felt grateful to be a part of this experience and while singing together, it was as though we were all joined in one cause. The music was healing in some ways.

I was also anxious to see the children of the people who had dropped off food for me at the hotel. I waited for them but unfortunately, I wasn't able to meet them because we could not find each other. One thing to keep in mind is that the choir has a schedule which is pretty full so finding some free time is hard to do. I was sad I couldn't meet them but I did try and find them afterward as well.

My seat partners. It's like I'm sitting by Paul all the time.
I saw this marquee after the concert. I was trying to find the children of my friends but I didn't see them.

I had to get a pic in front of the sign.

The venue had this huge tent covering. It was pretty. I took a picture on the way to the bus from backstage.


The benefit of being outside and getting line is that there is plenty of fresh air. This is the glamour of getting ready before we go on stage.

In line preparing to go on stage. We changed outside and when you think about it, this is showbiz. LOL. Before a concert, we all feel a buzz and excitement. 

Paul and I after the concert. I enjoy Paul's friendship. He is a true friend.
After the concert.






Shoreline was one of my favorite places to perform. The outdoor theater was amazing and the concert program (the second program) was a lot more outdoor friendly as far as material so it was fun to perform.

The idea that we can begin to build bridges of communication and acceptance through music was powerful for all of us involved in this concert. There is still a long way to go but making small steps is a great way to move forward.

Popular Posts